All three guest rooms are on the second floor so climbing one flight of stairs is a must. All have ensuite bathrooms and convenient keyless locks. WiFi is available in all the rooms and throughout the house. Breakfast is included in the prices listed. Online booking is now up and running. If you have questions or prefer to book by email or phone, contact Janice at email@example.com or call 540-395-6365. Please read our guest policies regarding reservations and cancellations below. Note that all guests should be over the age of eight and also that the kitchen is off-limits to guests.
$120-$125 per night plus tax.
Spacious and comfy with a view of the park and yard, queen bed, private bathroom with shower and heater, window air conditioner with remote, this room is furnished with Victorian antiques. We can set up a roll-away bed in Canterbury for an extra guest for $15 per night. You may also use the small bedroom a few steps down the hall for an additional fee of $35 per night. The small bedroom does not have an en suite bathroom. The guest using the small bedroom shares the bathroom in Canterbury. Please note that the small bedroom is only available to guests in Canterbury.
$115-$120 per night plus tax.
This small (about 135 square feet) room is cozy and calming with view of park, school and yard, queen bed, private bathroom with shower, and a separate air conditioner and heater giving you complete control over the temperature in your room.
$115-$120 per night plus tax.
This small (about 135 square feet) room is fresh, light and comfy with view of yard and school. It has a queen bed and the private bathroom has a claw foot tub. Although there is no shower there is a sprayer handset making it easy to wash your hair. It has an air conditioner and heater unit so you have complete control over the temperature. It also features a brass bed and love seat.
- Rates include a full breakfast. Please let us know in advance if you have any special dietary restrictions or preferences.
Rates are based on single/double occupancy. Only Canterbury has room for an extra folding bed and one additional guest for an additional charge of $25. All rates do not include tax.
Room rates change based upon demand. Weekends and holidays during peak season will be higher. Please click the Check Availability button to view room rates for specific dates.
- A credit card number is required to make a reservation and your card will be charged for one night per room reserved in order to confirm your reservation. A two night minimum is required for weekends and holidays during peak season and some weekends throughout the year. Please click the Check Availablility button to view the weekends when a two night minimum is required.
- Cash, personal checks, and credit cards including American Express, Discover, MasterCard and VISA are accepted.
- Reservations can be cancelled or changed up to 5 days before check-in. Reservations cancelled will receive a refund minus a processing fee of $10 per night per room. Weekend and holiday nights during peek times that are not re-booked are not refunded under most circumstances and will be charged in full. Please cancel by phone or email as soon as your plans change.
Check in/check out
- Check in time is between 3:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. Let us know if you will be arriving earlier or later so we can make arrangements.
- Check out is by 11:00 a.m.
- We do not sell or provide alcoholic beverages but you are welcome to bring your own. We have wine and beer glasses and wine openers available for your use.
Thornrose House is smoke-free. Smoking is permitted outside being mindful of non-smoking guests.
Pets are not permitted at Thornrose House.
Children aged 8 or older are welcome.
A roll-away bed is available for extra guests for $25 per night in Canterbury only.
At Thornrose House at Gypsy Hill B&B we are dedicated to protecting your privacy and safeguarding your personally identifiable information.
Our main purpose in collecting your personal information is to provide you with a streamlined experience in making reservations at Thornrose House at Gypsy Hill B&B. We only collect information about you that we consider necessary for achieving this. Personally identifiable information is only obtained when making a reservation.
We sometimes use data collection devices such as "cookies" on certain pages of the Site to measure effectiveness and safety. A "cookie" is a small file that gets placed on your harddrive that helps us provide our services. You are free to decline cookies if you choose to.
At Thornrose House at Gypsy Hill B&B we take security seriously. When users make a reservation we use every precaution to safe guard it online and offline.
Thornrose House at Gypsy Hill B&B may amend this Privacy Statement from time to time in order to meet changes in the regulatory environment, business needs, or to satisfy the needs of our guests, properties, strategic marketing partners, and service providers.